The General Conference Department of Public Affairs & Religious Liberty
- The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists Department of Public Affairs and Religious Liberty (PARL) will act as the point of contact with governments in general matters and foster a clearer understanding of the Christian’s duty to God and government.
- The Department will act as the point of contact for inter-church relations, represent the Church before international entities, and network with non-governmental organizations.
- The Department will inform the Church of significant trends in the religious and political world that impact liberty.
- The Department will take positive action to protect and promote religious freedom as the fundamental human right. This includes freedom of conscience and belief, freedom to worship, and freedom for the unrestricted activities of the Church.
- The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists Department of Public Affairs and Religious Liberty (PARL) exists to represent the Church before governments, international organizations, and other religions, always endeavoring to maintain good relationships.
- PARL monitors and interprets current events that may reflect on prophetic scenarios.
- PARL promotes and maintains religious freedom around the world and assists members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church who are discriminated against or persecuted for practicing their beliefs.