Adventists in Jamaica Request Employers to Respect Workers’ Sabbath Rest
Posted August 13, 2018
The Seventh-day Adventist Church in Jamaica recently appealed to employers in the private and public sectors to respect the constitutional rights of workers to enjoy freedom from religious discrimination.
Adventists Bring Distinct Perspective to High-level Religious Liberty Talks
Posted August 7, 2018
Two Seventh-day Adventist religious liberty advocates were among those invited to participate in a landmark religious freedom summit organized by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C.
Adventists Help Commemorate Colombia’s Third National Religious Freedom Day
Posted July 9, 2018
Seventh-day Adventist religious liberty leaders were among those invited by the Colombian government to help celebrate the country’s third National Religious Freedom Day, held each year on July 4. (Front row, from left) Pastor Gabriel Villarreal, PARL director for the Adventist Church in Colombia; Mr. Juan Manuel Santos, President of Colombia; Dr. Ganoune Diop, PARL director for the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
Adventists in Brazil Mark State Religious Freedom Day
Posted May 17, 2018
Seventh-day Adventists in Brazil celebrated May 25—Religious Freedom Day in the State of São Paulo—with a fast-paced agenda of events and high-level protocol visits.
Adventists in Guatemala Called to be ‘People of Influence’
Posted May 17, 2018
Seventh-day Adventists in Guatemala held their first-ever Public Affairs and Religious Liberty congress aimed at amplifying the church’s presence and voice in the community.
In Brazil, New Magazine Affirms Church’s Commitment to Religious Liberty
Posted May 14, 2018
A new magazine published by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the South American Division (SAD) region will attempt to introduce and explain the Adventist position on religious liberty to decision makers such as politicians and lawmakers in Brazil.
Leader Brings Distinctly Adventist Voice to International Christian Gathering
Posted May 7, 2018
The third meeting of the Global Christian Forum, held April 24 to 27 in Bogotá, Colombia, provided an invaluable opportunity to be “salt and light” and to share key Seventh-day Adventist values with a unique audience, says Dr. Ganoune Diop, director of Public Affairs and Religious Liberty for the Adventist world church.
Make Your Voice Heard on the Plight of Refugees
Posted May 1, 2018
Religious persecution is a major factor in the global refugee crisis facing the international community. The statistics are staggering.
Terrorist Attack Outside an Adventist Church in Pakistan Leaves Two Dead
Posted April 17, 2018
Masked gunman opened fire on people outside a Seventh-day Adventist church in the provincial city of Quetta, Pakistan, on Sunday, April 15, killing two and injuring eight.
Projecting Adventist Identity in the Public Realm: Church Leaders in Europe Gather for Unique Dialogue
Posted April 4, 2018
What happens when church leaders from across the Trans-European region of the Seventh-day Adventist Church gather to discuss how to better engage with other faith groups, and how to raise the profile of the Adventist Church in the public space?
Archive of Recent News
- 2016 Updates
- Why does the Seventh-day Adventist Church have a presence in the public sector?
- 'Religious Freedom Is a High Priority for Church,' Adventist Representative Tells UN Envoy
- Background Information About PARL's Interfaith Activities
- No more Sabbath classes for nursing students in Bangladesh
- Adventists in Western Switzerland Hold First Religious Liberty Day
- Adventist Ambassador to Take on High Judicial Role
- Theology Students in France Learn the Fundamentals of Public Affairs
- Ambassador Says Church Offers Tremendous Resources to International Community
- Adventist Leader Discusses Sexuality at UN Conference
- Adventists Observe Day of Prayer as Russia Moves to Limit Missionary Activity
- Adventists Hold High-Level Moscow Talks About Law Restricting Missionary Work
- South American Training Event Series
- Swiss Adventists Promote Dialogue as Path to Peace
- South American Training Series Equips Defenders of Religious Freedom
- Adventists to Partner with Newseum for Religious Liberty Summit
- At Moscow Forum, Adventists Join Other Faiths in Decrying Religious Extremism
- Adventist Speaker Underscores Human Dignity to African Union Leaders
- Are You Ready For Religious Liberty Sabbath?
- 2015 Updates
- Adventists are a ‘blessing to society,’ says new director for Public Affairs and Religious Liberty
- Annual Religious Liberty Dinner Draws Thought Leaders, Policymakers
- Miami-based Adventists Honour Jamaica's Nigel Coke For Religious Liberty Work
- UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon Appreciates the Adventist Church’s Global Work
- Restoration Praise Center - Religious Liberty Day - Panel Discussion
- 2014 Updates
- 2012 Updates
- 2011 Updates
- 2010 Updates