New Training Center for Religious Freedom Advocates Opens at Adventist College in France
Posted February 16, 2017
The International Center for Religious Freedom and Public Affairs at Collonges-sous-Salève is the first of its kind, and will teach students how to represent the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the public realm.
Video Available from Church-sponsored Symposium at United Nations
Posted January 30, 2017
On January 23, 2017, the Seventh-day Adventist Church co-sponsored a symposium at the United Nations in New York, focused on the role of faith-based organizations in international affairs, and specifically, in the challenge of peace-making around the world. The event was live-streamed, and the archived video can be found here.
As Death Toll from Conflict Rises, Adventists Talk Peacemaking at the United Nations
Posted January 30, 2017
The Seventh-day Adventist Church is co-leading a discussion about peacemaking at the United Nations, with a church leader telling a major symposium that peace means far more than just the absence of war.
January 21 is Religious Liberty Sabbath
Posted January 19, 2017
Every year on the third Sabbath in January, Seventh-day Adventists around the world take time to remember the God-given gift of religious freedom. On January 21, 2017, please join fellow church members to pray for the millions of men, women and children who are persecuted for their faith.
'Religious Freedom Is a High Priority for Church,' Adventist Representative Tells UN Envoy
Posted December 5, 2016
In a meeting with the United Nations’ new top envoy for religious freedom, the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s UN liaison said Adventists are committed to promoting and defending freedom of worship for all people, regardless of their faith tradition.
What Does ‘Ecumenism’ Mean? Useful Resources for Further Study
Posted November 18, 2016
For more than 100 years, the Adventist Church has actively sought to engage people of influence in society, both to share who Adventists are, and to support the mission activities of our church. This work is deeply rooted in both the theology and mission of Adventism.
Background Information About PARL's Interfaith Activities
Posted November 18, 2016
The Seventh-day Adventist Church entrusts the Public Affairs and Religious Liberty department with the work of interfaith relations and forming relationships with a variety of political and religious leaders. Since this department was formed in 1901, it has worked to share the values and beliefs of the Adventist Church with people of influence in society and to dispel misconceptions and misinformation about our faith community.
Why does the Seventh-day Adventist Church have a presence in the public sector?
Posted November 17, 2016
An interview with Public Affairs and Religious Liberty Director for the Adventist World Church, Ganoune Diop.
No more Sabbath classes for nursing students in Bangladesh
Posted November 16, 2016
.A dedication ceremony is held for the facility that will house the church’s first nursing school in the country.
Adventists in Western Switzerland Hold First Religious Liberty Day
Posted November 1, 2016
Keynote speaker and former world church PARL director, John Graz, urged attendees to resist complacency and to speak out against religious persecution around the world.
Archive of Recent News
- 2016 Updates
- Why does the Seventh-day Adventist Church have a presence in the public sector?
- 'Religious Freedom Is a High Priority for Church,' Adventist Representative Tells UN Envoy
- Background Information About PARL's Interfaith Activities
- No more Sabbath classes for nursing students in Bangladesh
- Adventists in Western Switzerland Hold First Religious Liberty Day
- Adventist Ambassador to Take on High Judicial Role
- Theology Students in France Learn the Fundamentals of Public Affairs
- Ambassador Says Church Offers Tremendous Resources to International Community
- Adventist Leader Discusses Sexuality at UN Conference
- Adventists Observe Day of Prayer as Russia Moves to Limit Missionary Activity
- Adventists Hold High-Level Moscow Talks About Law Restricting Missionary Work
- South American Training Event Series
- Swiss Adventists Promote Dialogue as Path to Peace
- South American Training Series Equips Defenders of Religious Freedom
- Adventists to Partner with Newseum for Religious Liberty Summit
- At Moscow Forum, Adventists Join Other Faiths in Decrying Religious Extremism
- Adventist Speaker Underscores Human Dignity to African Union Leaders
- Are You Ready For Religious Liberty Sabbath?
- 2015 Updates
- Adventists are a ‘blessing to society,’ says new director for Public Affairs and Religious Liberty
- Annual Religious Liberty Dinner Draws Thought Leaders, Policymakers
- Miami-based Adventists Honour Jamaica's Nigel Coke For Religious Liberty Work
- UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon Appreciates the Adventist Church’s Global Work
- Restoration Praise Center - Religious Liberty Day - Panel Discussion
- 2014 Updates
- 2012 Updates
- 2011 Updates
- 2010 Updates