Still Time to Register for 8th World Congress!
Posted May 23, 2017
Every five years, the international religious freedom community meets at the IRLA World Congress to dialogue about key issues and challenges. If you have an interest in religious freedom, you’re invited to attend of this historic event, August 22-24, 2017 near Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
An Extraordinary Line-up of Speakers for 8th World Congress
Posted May 23, 2017
Some 50 presenters—scholars, lawyers, advocates, government officials and religious leaders—from around the world will bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the 8th World Congress for Religious Freedom, which begins August 22 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
PARL Director Shares Devotionals at General Conference Spring Meeting
Posted April 12, 2017
PARL director Dr. Ganoune Diop addressed Seventh-day Adventist Church leaders from around the world who were gathered at the General Conference for an annual administrative meeting April 11 and 12. Over the course of the two mornings, Dr. Diop presented devotionals focused on the book of Revelation, and explored key themes related to the work of Public Affairs and Religious Liberty. His presentation notes are available for download here.
Adventist Students in Kenya Celebrate Sabbath Victory
Posted March 8, 2017
A five-year-long legal battle for the right to keep Sabbath has ended in a landmark victory for Seventh-day Adventist students in Kenya. The country’s top appeals court ruled last week that the religious freedom provisions of Kenya’s constitution require that Adventist students be excused from classes and other school-related activities on Saturday. The decision overturns an earlier ruling that found no constitutional protection for Sabbath-keeping students.
Religious Freedom Advocate Honored by International Law Society
Posted March 2, 2017
A leading Seventh-day Adventist religious freedom advocate was honored last month for his commitment to promoting religious liberty as a fundamental human right. Dr. Ganoune Diop, director of Public Affairs and Religious Liberty for the Adventist world church, received the 2017 Thomas L. Kane Religious Freedom Award on February 17 at the annual three-day conference of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
New Training Center for Religious Freedom Advocates Opens at Adventist College in France
Posted February 16, 2017
The International Center for Religious Freedom and Public Affairs at Collonges-sous-Salève is the first of its kind, and will teach students how to represent the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the public realm.
Video Available from Church-sponsored Symposium at United Nations
Posted January 30, 2017
On January 23, 2017, the Seventh-day Adventist Church co-sponsored a symposium at the United Nations in New York, focused on the role of faith-based organizations in international affairs, and specifically, in the challenge of peace-making around the world. The event was live-streamed, and the archived video can be found here.
As Death Toll from Conflict Rises, Adventists Talk Peacemaking at the United Nations
Posted January 30, 2017
The Seventh-day Adventist Church is co-leading a discussion about peacemaking at the United Nations, with a church leader telling a major symposium that peace means far more than just the absence of war.
January 21 is Religious Liberty Sabbath
Posted January 19, 2017
Every year on the third Sabbath in January, Seventh-day Adventists around the world take time to remember the God-given gift of religious freedom. On January 21, 2017, please join fellow church members to pray for the millions of men, women and children who are persecuted for their faith.
'Religious Freedom Is a High Priority for Church,' Adventist Representative Tells UN Envoy
Posted December 5, 2016
In a meeting with the United Nations’ new top envoy for religious freedom, the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s UN liaison said Adventists are committed to promoting and defending freedom of worship for all people, regardless of their faith tradition.
Archive of Recent News
- 2016 Updates
- Why does the Seventh-day Adventist Church have a presence in the public sector?
- 'Religious Freedom Is a High Priority for Church,' Adventist Representative Tells UN Envoy
- Background Information About PARL's Interfaith Activities
- No more Sabbath classes for nursing students in Bangladesh
- Adventists in Western Switzerland Hold First Religious Liberty Day
- Adventist Ambassador to Take on High Judicial Role
- Theology Students in France Learn the Fundamentals of Public Affairs
- Ambassador Says Church Offers Tremendous Resources to International Community
- Adventist Leader Discusses Sexuality at UN Conference
- Adventists Observe Day of Prayer as Russia Moves to Limit Missionary Activity
- Adventists Hold High-Level Moscow Talks About Law Restricting Missionary Work
- South American Training Event Series
- Swiss Adventists Promote Dialogue as Path to Peace
- South American Training Series Equips Defenders of Religious Freedom
- Adventists to Partner with Newseum for Religious Liberty Summit
- At Moscow Forum, Adventists Join Other Faiths in Decrying Religious Extremism
- Adventist Speaker Underscores Human Dignity to African Union Leaders
- Are You Ready For Religious Liberty Sabbath?
- 2015 Updates
- Adventists are a ‘blessing to society,’ says new director for Public Affairs and Religious Liberty
- Annual Religious Liberty Dinner Draws Thought Leaders, Policymakers
- Miami-based Adventists Honour Jamaica's Nigel Coke For Religious Liberty Work
- UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon Appreciates the Adventist Church’s Global Work
- Restoration Praise Center - Religious Liberty Day - Panel Discussion
- 2014 Updates
- 2012 Updates
- 2011 Updates
- 2010 Updates